The 23° Tread Bar Advantage
The tire traction differential illustrated in the Tread-to-Tread Traction Demonstration is a direct result of the pulling-power advantage of the Firestone 23° R-1 tire compared with the Michelin Agribib R-1W tire, which features a 45-degree tread bar angle.
The 23° tread design offers these advantages:
- More tread bars are packed into the working tire’s footprint
- The lower angle of the tread bars delivers more grip and 15% better ground contact than 45-degree bars
- The 23° tread bar wears more evenly, lasts longer and offers a smoother ride
Bottom line: The increased traction from the 23° bar helps maximize horsepower, which means farm operators can expect to save both time and fuel in the field.
Compare the difference
- More tread bars working per footprint
- Lower 23° angle has less slip